Universal Insulation Doctor provides Insulation Contractor Services in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Newport News, and Hampton areas.
What does Insulation R-Value mean?
Insulation R-value refers to insulation’s resistance to heat flow, not to its thickness. Tiny air pockets trapped in the insulating material resist the passage of heat – heat gain in the warm summer months, and heat loss in the colder months. The higher the insulation’s R-value, the greater its insulating power.
Do I have to take out the existing Insulation?
Not necessarily. Adding more insulation does have a cumulative impact on the overall R-value. This is why you want an inspection by Universal Insulation Doctor. In attics, if the insulation is damaged or improperly installed, in the case of Batt products, it might make sense to replace it completely with blown-in cellulose insulation. You can also add cellulose insulation on top of the existing insulation, improving the overall quality and R-value.
Will Cellulose Insulation burn?
Cellulose Insulation has a Class 1 Fire rating. It is treated with fire retardants to meet all federal, state, and local fire safety requirements. Some manufacturers have even qualified two and three-hour firewall designs using Cellulose Insulation.
How much does insulation cost?
Insulation cost can very based on the size of the area being insulated as well as type being installed, depth of the insulation needed (attic). As always, Universal offers FREE INSPECTIONS
Do I need to have the sanitize application made?
Sanitation applications are made in situations where a rodent or wildlife infestation has occurred and droppings or urine has been left behind.
Why do I need a crawl space poly ground cover installed or an encapsulation system installed?
Almost every home should have a ground cover (Poly) installed when installing new insulation in your crawl space. With that said, if there is a high level of moisture under the home due to a condensation issue a full cover should be made of all ground area in the crawl space. In addition, installing a dehumidifier and closing all the foundation vents as to not allow hot/humid air under the home should be performed.
Frequently Asked Questions about Insulation Removal:
Q: How is attic insulation removed?
A: We use an industrial vacuum that will intake the contaminated insulation directly from your attic and load it in a special bag used for this process. At no point is the insulation exposed into your home or garage.
Q: Do we need to leave the home?
A: Simply put, no. Because the equipment we use is designed specifically for this process nothing will be exposed to your home or family. We seal the access to the attic while the process is performed.
Q: What about what the rodents have left behind?
Q: Is this covered with our homeowner’s insurance?
A: There are different policy types. Check with your provider for details on your policy.
Home Insulation Services Offered
- Contaminated Insulation Removal. This is when wildlife such as rodents, squirrels, raccoons and other unwanted visitors nest and make a mess in your attic and crawl space insulation.
- Insulation Over-Lay. This is when you just need additional insulation added to your existing insulation. Our qualified inspectors can determine if this what your home needs.
- “Universal Pest Guard Insulation™” Attic Insulation. This is our exclusive system that includes a cellulose insulation product with a pest control blend. This will control insects that come in contact with the treated insulation.
- Sub-Floor Insulation. This is fiberglass insulation batts that are installed between your floor joist under the first floor living area.
- Air Duct Cleaning. We also offer air-duct cleaning with our sister company Universal Duct Cleaning
- Rodent Removal/Control. We offer pest control services through our parent company Universal Pest & Termite.
Easy payment options. Service today, pay tomorrow.
- 90 Day Same as Cash
- 6 Month Interest Free
- Up to 24 Monthly Payments with “0” Down
We offer a three-step insulation installation process:
1. Inspection: We take the time to make sure you are getting the service expected from Universal Insulation Doctor. Our inspectors are trained to look for signs of rodent or wildlife nesting, droppings or urine. We offer video or pictures before and after as requested.
2. Service: Our technicians are prepared to not only remove attic insulation in a clean and safe manner, they understand explaining every detail to the customer is important. We offer photos of the findings and the process if requested.
3. Follow Up: We feel the follow-up process is the most important part of the service. We offer our no-hassle promise. If you are not completely satisfied with the service, we will come back as many times as necessary; no problems, no hassle.