About Universal Air Duct Cleaning
Universal Duct Cleaning offers state of the art service right from the initial inspection to the cleanup. We start with using cameras that allow us to see what’s hiding inside you duct lines, we then use either a contact vacuum which consist of us using a devise to agitate and vacuum the lines to remove debris or we will use a reverse air technique which is a high-power vacuum that can remove debris with minimal agitation. After cleaning is compete the technician will then use a Hepa Vacuum to clean up. This type of vacuum will minimize the dust in the house.
Who Should Get Their Ducts Cleaned?
Duct cleaning is not for everyone. If you have a brand-new home with newly-installed clean duct work, you may not need them cleaned right away unless you notice signs of mold, dust, or pest infestations. However, many of our clients live in older homes, where ducts are not as air-tight as they used to be and years of dust and dirt deposits have taken their toll. Cracks and crevices can also open a door for mold spores and vermin, such as cockroaches and mice.
If you have any of the following signs or symptoms, call Universal Duct Cleaning right away for a photo inspection of your ductwork:
- Dirty or dusty air regularly coming out of your vents (note: dust on the surface of the grill is normal and usually comes from the air in your room, not from inside your ducts)
- A recent vermin infestation (insects or rodents who may have taken up residence in your ductwork)
- Substantial mold growth inside the visible sections of your ductwork
- Unexplained cold- or allergy-like symptoms that persist beyond the timespan of a normal illness
- Call 757-502-200
The Universal Insulation Doctor is also affiliated with Universal Duct Cleaning. We believe that just offering contaminated insulation removal and disinfectant treatments in your attic and crawl space isn’t enough when it comes to the air quality in your home. Most insulation companies will tell you that removing old – contaminated insulation and installing new insulation will improve the air quality in your home and they are correct. Where they are falling short is not telling you that the air quality in your duct lines can be affected by your insulation. If you had a rodent problem in your attic or crawl space and they have contaminated your insulation chances are they have occupied your air ducts at some point leaving behind urine and droppings with the symptoms becoming airborne. We offer not just air duct cleaning but also disinfectant treatments in the duct lines.
Insulation Services Offered
- Contaminated Insulation Removal. This is when wildlife such as rodents, squirrels, raccoons and other unwanted visitors nest and make a mess in your attic and crawl space insulation.
- Insulation Over-Lay. This is when you just need additional insulation added to your existing insulation. Our qualified inspectors can determine if this what your home needs.
- “Pest Guard” Attic Insulation. This is our exclusive system that includes a cellulose insulation product with a pest control blend. This will control insects that come in contact with the treated insulation.
- Sub-Floor Insulation. This is fiberglass insulation batts that are installed between your floor joist under the first floor living area.
- Air-Duct Cleaning. We also offer air-duct cleaning with our sister company Universal Duct Cleaning
- Rodent Removal/Control. We offer pest control services through our parent company Universal Pest & Termite.
We offer a three-step process:
1. Inspection: We take the time to make sure you are getting the service expected from Universal Insulation Doctor. Our inspectors are trained to look for signs of rodent or wildlife nesting, droppings or urine. We offer video or pictures before and after as requested.
2. Service: Our technicians are prepared to not only remove attic insulation in a clean and safe manner,they understand explainingevery detail to the customer is important. We offer photos of the findings and the process if requested.
3. Follow Up: We feel the follow-up process is the most important part of the service. We offer our no-hassle promise. If you are not completely satisfied with the service, we will come back as many times as necessary; no problems, no hassle.